About Cycles of Change’s Bike Safety Program:
The Safety / Drive Your Bike program trains students in cycling basics and street safety best practices. Partnering with PE teachers in public schools across Alameda County, we run the 3-day DYB curriculum for middle and high school students, and single-day “bike rodeo” events for elementary level students. The goal of this program, in conjunction with other programs, is to increase access to bikes, increase bike ridership, and encourage mode shift. Visit https://cyclesofchange.org/our-programs/#bikesafety for more information about the program.
About The Position:
Cycles of Change seeks a self-directed, flexible, highly organized individual with good communication skills to co-coordinate and implement our safety programs. Co-coordinator will be working alongside another coordinator to teach and coordinate the Bike Safety Education Program in Alameda County.
The Co-coordinator’s time will be divided between the following:
- 40% scheduling, training, observing, and managing educator staff
- 20% day-of troubleshooting for programs
- 20% curriculum development and maintenance
- 20% admin and operations
- At least 1 year of program coordination / management, administrative experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Asana, and Slack 2-5 years experience working with diverse staff, students, and volunteers
- Flexible, able to adjust on the fly to accommodate deadlines, staffing issues and program needs
- Self motivated, works well independently (and collaboratively) Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- The physical ability to lift 40 lbs, ride 10-12 miles, and teach outdoors for up to 8 hours
- Ability to drive a 26’ truck
- 1+ years of experience leading outdoor activities, preferably on bikes
- A solid understanding and practice of bicycle commuting, safety, and maintenance
- Experience in classroom teaching and management Graphic design
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience with fundraising, human resources, or finance
- Experience with collectively run projects and process
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are invited to email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your resume or cover letter, please address your experience with program coordination, education / curriculum development, working with diverse staff and youth, and bicycle mechanics. Attachments should be in Word or PDF format, titled as follows: lastname_firstname_resume.doc lastname_firstname_letter.doc
Cycles of Change is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women and people who identify as Queer and/or Trans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications due by June 28th, 2021.