Radical Adventure Riders
Our mission is moving towards enhancing gender inclusivity and racial equity in the bicycle and outdoor adventure scene. We do this by providing connection, education, resources, and support for the community.
*Previously known as WTF Bikexplorers, we committed to this name change to be mindful of the language that best reflects our community. The process was inclusive through a social media vote, and we’re thankful for the love and conversations that led to this decision.
Latest RAR News
- RAR Gravel Team Camp 2021 RecapWORDS BY EFFIE BOURGIN ~ PHOTOS BY RAR GRAVEL TEAM… Continue reading RAR Gravel Team Camp 2021 Recap
- SJ Brooks Scholarship GoFundMe LaunchesWe’re asking the cycling and outdoors community to help raise… Continue reading SJ Brooks Scholarship GoFundMe Launches
- RAR ATL 36 Hours in Kitsbow – Finding Joy in Atlanta, GA36 Hours in Kitsbow is a unique grassroots short film… Continue reading RAR ATL 36 Hours in Kitsbow – Finding Joy in Atlanta, GA
- RAR Jobs Board Launches!The RAR Jobs Board is a job listing to increase… Continue reading RAR Jobs Board Launches!
- Industry Support for SJ Brooks Scholarship**We understand that donating might not be possible for everyone… Continue reading Industry Support for SJ Brooks Scholarship
- RAR Chapter SelectionsRAR Chapter Listing Follow Chapters to stay up to date… Continue reading RAR Chapter Selections
Eleven RAR Chapters will advocate, support, and uplift BIPOC and FTWN-B cyclists in their local communities! RAR will work six funded Chapters and five non-funded Chapters to create hyper-local networks and programs to support RAR’s mission.
SJ Brooks Scholarship
With the SJ Brooks annual scholarship, RAR seeks to increase access to cycling opportunities by providing financial, gear and bicycle support for BIPOC cyclists who are trans, non-binary, genderqueer, two-spirit, femme, or women.
Within & Without Podcast
RAR and RAHOK present the Within & Without podcast. A series of off-the-chain dispatches from BIPoC and Allies discussing tensions within the cycling community and how we connect to ourselves and the world around us through cycling and the outdoors.
The RAR Gravel Program is expanding the vision of inclusivity, diversity, and representation specifically at gravel events. We do this by creating a stronger FTWN-B community, one in which rather than competing against each other, we support, celebrate, and connect to grow as individuals and a community as a whole.
RAR Jobs Board
The RAR Jobs Board is a job listing to increase hiring for BIPOC and FTWN-B folks in the cycling and outdoors industries. For job seekers, view the current listing for your next role. For employers, broadcast an opportunity by filling out our form.
We have a continuous work-in-progress resource list for the RAR community and allies. Our aim is to co-create a cycling and outdoors resource list that is of, by, and for FTWN-B and BIPOC folx.
Get Rad Publication
Get Rad Be Radical is an annual publication that changes the way women, trans, femme, and non-binary folx are depicted and represented in the bicycle adventure community.
Please contact us if you have any questions about Radical Adventure Riders, or if your company would like to support our programs through sponsorship opportunities.
We have a Facebook Group with 1k+ members that we encourage you to join if you have any questions related to biking and the outdoors, or want to connect with the RAR community.
Follow on the Gram
We post the most on our Instagram account. To stay up to date on the latest resources and news, join 18k+ followers on our Instagram. #shredthepatriarchy #getradberadical
Movement towards gender inclusivity & racial equity in the bicycle and outdoor adventure community.