Radical Adventure Riders
Our mission is moving towards enhancing gender inclusivity and racial equity in the bicycle and outdoor adventure scene. We do this by providing connection, education, resources, and support for the community.
*Previously known as WTF Bikexplorers, we committed to this name change to be mindful of the language that best reflects our community. The process was inclusive through a social media vote, and we’re thankful for the love and conversations that led to this decision.
Latest RAR News
- Cycling Industry Pledge Enrollment OpenCycling Industry Pledge enrollment is now open until Friday, April… Continue reading Cycling Industry Pledge Enrollment Open
- Bring on Spring Ride SeriesJoin the Gravel Squad for two riding weekends to Bring… Continue reading Bring on Spring Ride Series
- Within & Without LaunchesFirst episode of Within & Without Podcast is out now!… Continue reading Within & Without Launches
- RAR Sticker RaffleGet a limited edition RAR raffle sticker for a chance… Continue reading RAR Sticker Raffle
- AAPI SolidarityAsian is not a virus. Racism is. Standing in solidarity… Continue reading AAPI Solidarity
- CIP Survey Key FindingsIn December 2020, RAR conducted a 42 question survey with… Continue reading CIP Survey Key Findings
We have a continuous work-in-progress resource list for the RAR community and allies. Our aim is to co-create a cycling and outdoors resource list that is of, by, and for FTWN-B and BIPOC folx.
Get Rad Publication
Get Rad Be Radical is an annual publication that changes the way women, trans, femme, and non-binary folx are depicted and represented in the bicycle adventure community.
Within & Without Podcast
RAR and RAHOK present the Within & Without podcast. A series of off-the-chain dispatches from BIPoC and Allies discussing tensions within the cycling community and how we connect to ourselves and the world around us through cycling and the outdoors.
The RAR Gravel Program is expanding the vision of inclusivity, diversity, and representation specifically at gravel events. We do this by creating a stronger FTWN-B community, one in which rather than competing against each other, we support, celebrate, and connect to grow as individuals and a community as a whole.
SJ Brooks Scholarship
In 2020, we received 200 applications, and the reality is that there were more qualified applicants than we had scholarships to give. Thank you to all who applied and shared parts of yourselves with honesty, vulnerability, and badassery.
Through selecting these sixteen individuals the SJ Brooks Scholarship Committee and RAR team sought to honor diversity in race, gender, and class within the cycling community. We believe that these recipients embody cyclists who use the bicycle as a powerful tool for liberation, transformation, community, and mental health.
In memory of SJ Brooks, join us in celebrating the recipients!
Please contact us if you have any questions about Radical Adventure Riders, or if your company would like to support our programs through sponsorship opportunities.
We have a Facebook Group with 1k+ members that we encourage you to join if you have any questions related to biking and the outdoors, or want to connect with the RAR community
Follow on the Gram
We post the most on our Instagram account. To stay up to date on the latest resources and news, join 17.6k+ followers on our Instagram.
Movement towards gender inclusivity & racial equity in the bicycle adventure community. #getradberadical #shredthepatriarchy