Radical Adventure Riders
Our mission is moving towards enhancing gender inclusivity and racial equity in the bicycle and outdoor adventure scene. We do this by providing connection, education, resources, and support for the community.
*Previously known as WTF Bikexplorers, we committed to this name change to be mindful of the language that best reflects our community. The process was inclusive through a social media vote, and we’re thankful for the love and conversations that led to this decision.
Latest RAR News
- Industry Support for SJ Brooks Scholarship**We understand that donating might not be possible for everyone… Continue reading Industry Support for SJ Brooks Scholarship
- RAR Chapter SelectionsRAR Chapter Listing Follow Chapters to stay up to date… Continue reading RAR Chapter Selections
- RAR Artist Fund RaffleGet a RAR raffle sticker to raise money for a… Continue reading RAR Artist Fund Raffle
- Asian-Owned Cycling BusinessesTo celebrate AAPI-month, we created a list of Asian-owned cycling… Continue reading Asian-Owned Cycling Businesses
- What’s in My BagAs the weather gets warmer and the days are longer,… Continue reading What’s in My Bag
- RAR Chapters LaunchesWe are excited to expand our programming and support RAR… Continue reading RAR Chapters Launches
We have a continuous work-in-progress resource list for the RAR community and allies. Our aim is to co-create a cycling and outdoors resource list that is of, by, and for FTWN-B and BIPOC folx.
Get Rad Publication
Get Rad Be Radical is an annual publication that changes the way women, trans, femme, and non-binary folx are depicted and represented in the bicycle adventure community.
Eleven RAR Chapters will advocate, support, and uplift BIPOC and FTWN-B cyclists in their local communities! RAR will work six funded Chapters and five non-funded Chapters to create hyper-local networks and programs to support RAR’s mission.
Within & Without Podcast
RAR and RAHOK present the Within & Without podcast. A series of off-the-chain dispatches from BIPoC and Allies discussing tensions within the cycling community and how we connect to ourselves and the world around us through cycling and the outdoors.
The RAR Gravel Program is expanding the vision of inclusivity, diversity, and representation specifically at gravel events. We do this by creating a stronger FTWN-B community, one in which rather than competing against each other, we support, celebrate, and connect to grow as individuals and a community as a whole.
SJ Brooks Scholarship
In 2020, we received 200 applications, and the reality is that there were more qualified applicants than we had scholarships to give. Thank you to all who applied and shared parts of yourselves with honesty, vulnerability, and badassery.
Through selecting these sixteen individuals the SJ Brooks Scholarship Committee and RAR team sought to honor diversity in race, gender, and class within the cycling community. We believe that these recipients embody cyclists who use the bicycle as a powerful tool for liberation, transformation, community, and mental health.
In memory of SJ Brooks, join us in celebrating the recipients!
Please contact us if you have any questions about Radical Adventure Riders, or if your company would like to support our programs through sponsorship opportunities.
We have a Facebook Group with 1k+ members that we encourage you to join if you have any questions related to biking and the outdoors, or want to connect with the RAR community.
Follow on the Gram
We post the most on our Instagram account. To stay up to date on the latest resources and news, join 18k+ followers on our Instagram. #shredthepatriarchy #getradberadical
Movement towards gender inclusivity & racial equity in the bicycle adventure community. #getradberadical #shredthepatriarchy